Vitosha Research performed series of indepth interviews and focus groups. Four focus group discussions were carried out.
The main objectives of the focus groups were:
- exploring the public opinion on the main problems in Bulgaria in the current situation, and the basic fears, considerations and hopes with regard to the perspectives to be solved;
- identifying the public images of the concepts "market economy" and "democracy" and their relevance to the current situation in Bulgaria;
- exploring the public attitudes and level of trust towards the Bulgarian political institutions and the International community;
- exploring the public images of the role of the civil society in Bulgaria;
- collecting information on the public evaluation of some of the public services in Bulgaria;
- exploring the public attitudes and expectations towards the role of the international institutions for the development of Bulgaria;
- identifying the individual characteristics and attitudes of the participants.
Period: October 2000 - October 2002
Coordinators: Deyan Kiuranov
Partners: International IDEA, Stockholm